Pump it up!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Less is more, or is it?

Usually I use all the weights I can carry - and not any less. Today I dropped few plates to see how it changes my technique, with some tracks. It really had some effect on squat- and chest-tracks. It actually helped me to understand some details of the moves little better. Of course I didn't sweat as much, get as tired and now my muscles are not as sore as usual, but maybe next time my technique is more beautiful. And with smaller plates, it doesn't actually feel LESS, it just feels different.

I also used different technique with lunges. I have been doing the track for a long time without any weights, recently I started to use the barrel on my shoulders, now I put it between my legs (it's pretty complicated, because I have so short arms, it must be the reason why it feels so weird). It really feels different. I think everyone should try different things to wake up muscles. It teaches something about the tecnique as well - where do you actually should feel the burning?

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another option for Lunges: just hold a loose weight close to your body with your arms. This way you can lunge without the barbell on your back and without the barbell between your legs. But you can do lunges with weight.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Hanna P. said...

Yes, good point, this is a good option, and I have tried this, just that 5 kg plate feels somewhat light... and is 10 kg too much to hold in front with arms...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home