Pump it up!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bodypump and heart rate

I tested my new heart rate monitor Polar F11 yesterday. The statistics were surprising: the monitor said I spent 500 kcal in 50 minutes (I stopped the watch before cool-down). Max heart rate was 180, average heart rate 147. Maybe it's because the breaks between the songs were really short so the pulse stayed high the whole class.

I never thought BP was so effective aerobic training form. Is this true or is my new heart rate monitor not working?

3 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I am from the netherlands and teaching Bodypump here. I have been training with a heart rate monitor as well lately. Fun to see, you burn about the same amount of calories during a pump class. The lowest I had was 495, on a day I took it easy, up to 626, when I had teached 2 classes right b4 it.
Last wednesday I burnt far over 800 calories during my bodyattack class. Amazing.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Hanna P. said...

I was surprised about the amount Bodypump can use up! I could easily believe some more aerobic class like Bodycombat (in Finland we don't have Bodyattack - yet) burns calories.

Well, I'm on a strict diet and trying to lose weight so I was happy to see that Bodypump is not only "strength training" but it can also burn fat. Burn, motherf**ker, burn!

I'm 158 cm tall and weigh 69 kg, age 23, female. That's the information my heart rate monitor asked and the kcal-counting is based on that information.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Miss Fong said...

Hi there,

I love Bodypump and am doing it here in NL too. I always loved the music, the energy and that I don't get bored w/ the moves. But today I read that Bodypump only burns on average 265 calories per session. Are your heart rate monitors correct? I'd love to believe otherwise.. but still no matter what I will always love bodypump!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home