Pump it up!

Monday, October 17, 2005

Mirror, mirror on the wall

Yesterday I visited a Bodypump class of another gym, SATS, to see if it's any different. Of course the Bodypump is always Bodypump, but it's interesting how much the room itself can change the class. The sound system was simply better - you could turn the volume louder but still not break everyone's ears. The bass was in some way deeper and stronger - and that was just fine with me when Sweetest Poison started to run through my ears!

One remarkable difference was the mirrors on every side. At my gym there's only one in front and one in the back, and there are windows on the both sides of the room. It was totally cool to see myself doing dead-rows and dead-lifts, and really secure I was having the correct technique. I really enjoyed the class in a totally new way.

I don't think Bodypump should be teached at all in a room without mirrors. You can't possibly feel the correct technique the way you can see it. You might think you are doing it right, but the mirror never lies. And the motivation - have a sharp look into your eyes and force your body to work out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home