Pump it up!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Comeback

So, my few weeks without Bodypump are finally behind. Today I decided I'd recovered from flu and it was time to get back on track. I used the lightest weights my nature let me put to the barbell (yeah, I'm a fool who's always trying to break her limits, but now I had to start carefully. Don't worry, I know that "the gains you achieve in a BodyPump class clearly come from something other than slinging around heavy weights - and that something is called form", as Tami and Craig said!).

It felt like a new start - literally, I felt like all of my strength had dropped to the level it was a year ago. I know that's not true, I know. Soon I will be what I was just few weeks ago. And getting stronger!

I just have to take good care of myself, because I can't afford terrible breaks like this. Whole week lying on the couch watching TV was horrible and made me feel like lazy, fat bastard, even though I know it was not my fault I got sick and my part was to give my body a permission and time to heal and get better.

Hopefully the next class on Friday will be easier. Now I need a good night sleep and let my body think about what we've been doing today... I'm SO not going to give up, tomorrow I'm going to be "stronger than yesterday"... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home