Pump it up!

Friday, March 03, 2006

BodyPump 57 - first impression

So, the new release is here, got it tested yesterday. Now some first impressions...

Warm Up: Come To Me - Tina Cousins

Simple, logical, enough time to make the moves. The song (one of these "girly songs" again) didn't move me, but propably I'll learn the lyrics and sing along as the time goes by.

Squats: Paris to Berlin (Extended Version) - Infernal

Like we haven't heard this song too many times before... Well, actually it worked alright. The chorus part was different than usually - not only singles, but different rhythm - 2-2-1-1-1-1, or how did it go...

Chest: Push It - Garbage

OMG! I knew the chest track is usually my favorite, but (OMG...) what feelings I got yesterday with this one. The song is perfect for this. Garbage rules!

Back & Hamstrings: Everytime we Touch (Original Mix) - Cascada

Nice cover song, easy to sing along and follow the routine. There are so many dead rows you don't want to count them (well, you have to count to seven few times...). Well, there are breaks here and there - just what you need. Not that bad after all, breaks really help you out in the middle of deadrow horror.

Triceps: Take Your Mama - Mig Vs. Rizzo Mix - Scissor Sisters

Really fresh song. I'm glad there are songs like this in releases, because nobody wants to here only the techno shit or "girly sings" all the time. The rhythm and the voice of the singer reminded me of George Michael's song "Freedom". Push ups in the end are really frustrating (I suck!).

Biceps: Pump It - Black Eyed Peas

HELL YEAH! Great choreography. Great song. Really challenging. I've been listening to this song for some time now, but it still make me wanna jam! Yeah! Pump it - louder!!! The curl in the chorus part is not full - it really takes energy to do it right. The technique must be perfect.

Lunges: I Want You - Paris Avenue Feat. Robin One - (Denis The Menace & Jerry Ropero Bangin Remix)

I recently started using weights in track seven. Oh the pain the very next day! The routine is similar to the old tracks, but now there's a new trick in the dynamic lunges in the end of the track. Great!

Shoulders: Rock Star (Clean Edit) - N.E.R.D

Cool, aggressive song. New moves, that's cool.

Abs: Don't Cha - Pussycat Dolls

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the new moves. My abs were screaming for mercy. Cool song, but unfortunately I've heard this one damn too many times before. It still gave me kicks to tortune myself a bit more.

Cool Down : Unbreak my Heart- IL Divo

WTF, I can't sing along (translated version of Toni Braxton's hit)... Well, I managed the "Sweetest Poison" and German, so propably I'll handle this as well. I just wish they would have picked Toni Braxton's original instead. Well, in the end of the song there's enough power to end the workout with dignity and pride. WE DID IT! WE SURE DID IT!

Finally: this is propably the best release I know, I've been doing BP since March 2004.

5 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Roel said...

... a very interesting review, on first sight you must be a trainer, I guess, by the way which is the nearest LM BP sportscentre being a guest in the city centre ..

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think i know why you don't receive many posts.... Your review of BP 57 is such a perfect description of how i think the most people experience the workout, there's just nothing more to add or to ask!
Please go on with your posts, i'll be reading it with great pleasure!

Martin

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Hanna P. said...

Nearest sportcenter in Oulu?
You can easily check them out here: lesmills.net, but I put some links here as well:

http://www.goldensite.org/
(few km away from city center, but it's a new place and propably good, I think this place suits well for men because they also have a good gym and not only group classes)

http://www.kunnonpaikka.net/ (this is propably the place with the most reasonable prices if you only want to go to one or two classes... most clubs have only memberships.)

http://www.performance.fi/ (not sure if they have BP nowadays)

If I can help you please mail me, hani@muusikko.net, I can search for more information about BP in Oulu.

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man,
u've such a cool blog,
i've been looking for BP 57 tracklist all over the net n' the first place I got it was here,
so
that's it.
thanks man!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Hanna P. said...

vini, it's "thanks, WOman" ;)
You're welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home